20 Sept 2009

Unconscious - 17 Sep 2009

Photos, print (c) 2009 Rudolf Cech. All Rights Reserved.

I walked past The Connection at St. Martin-In-The-Field last Thursday and saw an unconscious handcuffed man lying on the floor surrounded by police officers, one of them in plain clothes.

As soon as I started photographing him I was challenged by them. Questions were asked like why am I doing it and was threatened that my camera will be seized. After a brief conversation and explaining I am a member of a press they let me loose.


But what am I meant to think seeing an unconscious handcuffed man bleeding from his wrists? One police officer tells me he banged his head therefore the blood. Oh really? The only blood I saw was the one pouring from his wrists and saliva coming out of his mouth.

Police even called for back up and within minutes 2 police vans arrived. Well, they obviously knew more and weren't keen to share any other info with me at all. God knows what happened. Police being a bit too hard on a tramp? Or was he causing trouble? Or maybe he just passed out. When I returned to the scene 10 mins later the man was still unconscious but had no handcuffs on. Sadly I wasn't able to get another snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment